The EDM aims to bring leaders to the next level of lean thinking by showing the role of culture awareness. Guests will understand the pure principles of Kaizen directly from Gemba observations at Toyota and other Japanese organizations.
Have an insider view of a Japanese Toyota plant, the birthplace of lean.
- Training by Consultants with a Toyota Motors Background
- Seminars and Kaizen Training
- Case Examples
- Gemba Walks
- Small guided groups of approximately 20 participants to lead to substantial output
- Daily group discussions and reflection
- To Study the Background and Structure of Toyota Production System
- To Analyze and Solve any Problems Participant’s May have Together
- To Have a Tour of The World’s Highest Level Factory
- To Learn About Japanese Culture and the Background of the Toyota Production System
- To Allow for Communication Between Fellow Seminar Members
- Spend a day at the Dojo immersed in lean simulations and open discussions with former Toyota executives.
- Visit the origins of lean and understand the core concepts that can only be seen at the Toyota Kaikan and Toyota Tech Museum
- Be guided by experienced Toyota trained professionals during your weeklong mission
- Choose to extend your study trip with a cultural tour in Tokyo, Osaka, Kyoto and Nara
Read some after Mission feedback postings:
“Greetings to all! Came back into work and got thrown into all day meetings so I am behind in e-mail. Hopefully all of you have adjusted to your normal lives.
What a great week. I have been asked countless times what the best or most memorable part of the trip was, and I find it impossible to say just one thing. I also find myself thinking about many of things we observed and am amazed at how I am still processing many of those observations. I have a ton of ideas on how to move this forward in my operation.
I have been back almost a week now and have not taken one picture of food. Hope you all are doing well. Hopefully our paths will cross again soon. Miss you all.”
Dear team members, We like to thank you all for the pleasant companionship and the great learning environment we had together. For us this was a very inspiring travel that we already had on our wish list for a long time. Specially we would like to thank the Honsha team and of course Miyuky. We hope that you have a safe trip home or that you will enjoy your further stay in Japan. We also wish you all the best with your Lean activities and are successful.”
René and Wiebe
Hello, i want to thank Honsha and all companions for this superior experience! I am still buy 50% in Japan (in my mind) and still “defragmenting” information which has reached my brain. Is comming a lot of interesting conclusions. My understanding about “where we are and what we do” is changing. I wish good luck for everybody and hope to meet again in future!