The EDM aims to bring leaders to the next level of lean thinking by showing the role of culture awareness. Guests will understand the pure principles of Kaizen directly from Gemba observations at Toyota and other Japanese organizations.
Join us for the 15th edition of the Japan EDM: May 14-19 2023
Have an immersion experience in the birthplace of Lean.
- Training by Consultants with a Toyota Motors Background
- Seminars and Kaizen Training
- Case Examples
- Gemba Walks
- Small guided groups of approximately 20 participants to lead to substantial output
- Daily group discussions and reflection
- To Study the Background and Structure of Toyota Production System
- To Analyze and Solve any Problems Participant’s May have Together
- To Have a Tour of The World’s Highest Level Factory
- To Learn About Japanese Culture and the Background of the Toyota Production System
- To Allow for Communication Between Fellow Seminar Members
- Spend a day at the Dojo immersed in lean simulations and open discussions with former Toyota executives.
- Visit the origins of lean and understand the core concepts that can only be seen at the Toyota Kaikan and Toyota Tech Museum
- Be guided by experienced Toyota trained professionals during your weeklong mission
- Choose to extend your study trip with a cultural tour in Tokyo, Osaka, Kyoto and Nara
|Saturday||Arrive in Nagoya International Airport|
|Sunday||Optional Cultural Visits|
Orientation at 4:00PM and Group Dinner
Training by veteran Toyota trainers
|Tuesday||AM||Major Motor Manufacturing Co. – Plant Visit|
|Wednesday||AM||Seminar by Lean Thought Leader|
Move to Osaka or Tokyo by bullet train
Dinner on train
|Friday||PM||Seminar, Wrap up|
Departure from Airport
<*> The schedule is subject to change in events such as natural disasters, company shut down or by hosting site request. Although these types of changes rarely happen, in case they do, Honsha will handle necessary arrangements and keep you informed.
Your mission fees cover seven nights of hotel accommodations, all factory tours and seminars, seminar material, certificate, interpreter fees, museum tickets, tickets and most meals. All internal Japan transportation is also included. The fees DO NOT COVER airfare to and from the event.